Government & Health Fund Rebates
All information is general in nature. Each patient has individual circumstances. It is your responsibility to confirm if the information below applies to you.
Government Account Assistance
- Do you have a child aged between 2 and 17 years of age? Have you received a letter from Medicare outlining that you have funds to use in a private dental practice? If this sounds like you, we may be able to provide your child with treatment free of charge. Call or visit the practice for more information.
- Glen Forrest Dental Care provides treatment to patients under a subsidy dental scheme. There is a metro and country scheme. You may qualify for treatment through this scheme. There is a process to register, but once completed the process is very simple. You may qualify for 50-75% of your treatment to be covered by the government. If you have health insurance, your portion of the account may be covered by your insurance policy.
- We also treat patients covered by The Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- We are affiliated with HBF, HCF, NIB, Smile.com.au and CBHS. This means that we have an agreed fee level with these health funds. It also means that some services can be provided with no gap.
- Smile.com.au– This is a health insurance policy that allows you to receive treatment with a 15% discount. If your health fund is Defence Health, Australian Unity or People Care, you will automatically receive our smile.com.au fee level. This is because these companies are in agreement with one another.
- It is important to find out if you have a gap saver available on your health insurance policy. It is also important that you elect if you would like to access your gap saver via our HICAPS claiming machine. This is the only way we can access these funds on your behalf post-treatment.
- It is beneficial to find out when your health fund policy re-sets. Policies can either re-set on a calendar year basis, a financial year basis or on the anniversary of policy commencement. This means that if you reach your maximum benefit, new funds will become available post re-set date.